& Northern Arizona
HOSTED BY THE DIVERGENT ADVENTURE TEAM
Stephanie Miller, M.Ed. BCBA/LBA
Divergent Adventures VP & Dir. of Development
College-age and University Student Only Adventure
On this 6-Day/5-Night adventure, Mesa, AZ is the starting point, and Northern AZ is the centerpiece and home base of our Grand Canyon & Northern Arizona Adventure.
Top FIVE Reasons to Join This Adventure With Us!
1. New-found and like-minded friends and acquaintances. Just 12 participants are accepted for each course and adventure. Train, prep, and explore together. We act as a team.
2. THREE natural wonders with unique geological formations and breathtaking vistas at every turn. Accept the challenge to hike the Sonoran Desert, Red Rock Country & Grand Canyon. Plus, a few man-made wonders too!
3. Our entire adventure provides a sensory-rich environment. Vast open spaces, the sound of rushing water, the feel of the sun and desert breeze, and striking visual contrasts of colors and shapes as far as the eye can see.
4. College and adult life can be busy and overwhelming. There are ample opportunities to find quiet spots away from the crowds for introspection and peaceful reflection. Recharge!
5. Outdoors is calling. Adventure awaits. Experience most of it by foot. Challenge yourself and feel the rewards of accomplishment. Seek Adventure; Find Yourself.
Eligible students and young adults are required to successfully complete the Divergent Adventures virtual pre-trip 10-Week Adventure Education Course.
# # #
Course Sessions Begin - Nov. 2023
Adventure Date: Jan. 3, 2024
Limited to 12 PATH University Scholars
10 Virtual ZOOM Training Sessions
6-Day / 5-Night Adventure
No Special Equipment or Gear
Fully Hosted & Guided. All-Inclusive.
No Extra Fees
Course Sessions & Adventure
Rowan University Price - $2798 a Person
Based on Double Occupancy
(2 Students Per Room)
Airfare Not Included.
Qualified Independent Travelers Are Welcome.
Connect With Our Development Team To Learn More About Our Assessment and Acceptance Policies.
Private University Adventures may have varying application and acceptance policies.
2023 & 24 Grand Canyon and Northern Arizona Adventure
Divergent Adventure Course - Arizona Itinerary
Please note that We make every effort to provide the experience described in the itinerary with the understanding that some things may change.
Day 1 – Mesa
Arrive in Phoenix
Transfer to hotel (Self)
Welcome Pizza Party
Overnight Mesa (D)
Day 2 – Payson, Camp Verde, Grand Canyon
Montezuma Castle National Monument. *
Sedona Heritage Museum
Lunch in Sedona
Grand Canyon -Introduction* (Rim Trail)
Dinner – Mission Inspiration Dinner
Overnight Grand Canyon (B,L,D)
Day 3 – Grand Canyon – Northern AZ
Conquer The Canyon Hike – Grand Canyon*
Grand Canyon East View – Navajo Trading Post
Wupatki National Monument.* 1 hour walk.
Sunset Crater. (TBA)* 1 hour hike.
Dinner – Flagstaff
Overnight Flagstaff – East Flagstaff (B,L,D)
Day 4 – Flagstaff – Walnut Canyon - Sedona
• Walnut Canyon* - 270 Steps (400' decline)
• Red Rock State Park – 3-mile walk.*
• Dinner – Sedona.
Overnight Sedona (1 Night of 2) (B,L,D)
Day 5 – Sedona – Bell Rock/Devils Bridge Hike
• Red Rock Hiking Adventure*
• Tlaquepaque - Free Time
• Farewell Dinner – Sedona
Overnight Sedona (2 Night of 2) (B,L,D)
Day 6 – Sedona – Arcosanti - Airport
• Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
Pre-Adventure 10-Week Virtual Adventure Education Course.
Details are listed separately from this itinerary.
While in Arizona, Adventure Includes:
Adventure Host, Guide, and Educator. Divergent Adventures hosts and guides are masters-level or higher professional educators, behavior analysts, and certified autism travel professionals. They stay with the group throughout the itinerary. Depending upon size, they frequently drive the group.
Adventure Learning Course throughout the itinerary.
5-Nights Hotel Accommodations per the itinerary. (2 students per room).
Meals per the itinerary: Breakfast-5; Lunch-5, Dinner-5.
Group Transportation throughout the itinerary. (Driver/Guide)
Access and entrance fees to museums, historical & cultural sites, and parks as listed in the day-to-day itinerary.
Detailed “Know Before You Go” information includes recommended websites, reading lists, packing lists, what to bring, weather, and more.
This Divergent Adventure trip DOES NOT include:
All international and domestic airfares.
Arrival and Departure Airport Transfers and all transfers outside of the itinerary schedule.
All items of a personal nature, including beverages and shopping.
All passport and visa application fees, vaccination, and medical consulting fees.
Additional hotel stays pre- or post-scheduled itinerary.
Early check-in or late check-out of rooms.
Photographs or phone calls.
Discounts/Refunds on any unused portion of the tour.
Anything not expressly stated in the itinerary or on the inclusion list above.
*Single Rooms Available (extra charge)
# # #